The Amigos Backpack is a sustainable alternative for a schoolbag. Keeping everything dry and tidy with extra space with a roll top closure for bulky or long items. Shoulders and back padding are made using upcycled camping matts from hard rubbish. It closes by folding or rolling and clipping a plastic buckle. It is incredibly lightweight and sturdy.
- Ultra lightweight and Water repellent material
- Inner laptop compartment
- Roll top closure for unexpected extra baggage and long items
- Padded back and shoulder straps
- Top Handle
- Front zipper pocket
- Inner lining using upcycled tents or other materials
- Recycled LDPE and HDPE plastic bags from local businesses
- Upcycled polyester, cotton and other materials from camping tents, curtains and clothing.
- Polypropylene webbing straps and adjusters
- Size: 51cm x 36.5cm x12.5cm
- Capacity: 15 - 22 Litres
- Weight: 470 grams
- Colour: Blue, Orange, Green.
- Origin of material: Shopping bags and commercially used plastic bags from food and textile industry.
About the Maker
By Cesar Marulanda, founder of AORACREO is an Industrial Designer based in Melbourne. He inspired me when I met him at the Rose Street Markets inn Fitzroy. We both saw great potential to collaborate. Cesar hosts Upcycling Workshops and Collaborations.
Find out more about Cesar on our About our Makers page.https://https-www-facebook-com-sustainableschoolwear.myshopify.com/admin/pages/23699587127
Cesar hand makes his backpacks in Melbourne, Australia